Lemon-Garlic Penne with Crab
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir garlic in butter and oil over medium heat for 2 minutes or until garlic is golden (do not brown). Add the broth, crab and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- 2. Drain pasta; toss with crab sauce and 1/4 cup parsley. Garnish with lemon wedges and remaining parsley.
3/4 cup: 279 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Mar 29, 2018
I used fresh crab, added a little Lawrys garlic salt at the end, as sprinkled some finely shredded parmesan cheese on top. Also made broccoli and texas toast with it. My daughter even ate it.
Jan 30, 2016
Used imitation crab and my husband and I both liked it.
Mar 14, 2013
Needs a little more spice. I found it a bit bland.
Feb 12, 2012
Loved the flavor of this dish! Instead of using crab, I used 2 cups chicken to feed our family of 6. So good! I also roasted the 6 garlic cloves in my oven which makes for a more distinctive flavor. It is very simple but I LOVED it!
Jul 27, 2010
I would give this a 5 star rating
Jul 27, 2010
My husband and I had this for lunch. We both liked it so much and plan to have the leftover tonight. Didn't have the chunch crab, but believe it would even make it better than the Fancy Crab I had.
Apr 8, 2010
i was in a after work kind of hurry... looking for something to use items in my pantry so i substituted regular canned crab and linguini - used dried parsley - cut the butter back to a tablespoon and it was very good!!! Lump crab would DEFINITELY be my first choice, but it tends to be cost prohibitive ..