- 1 pound dried lima beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional chopped fresh parsley
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- Place beans in a large saucepan; add bay leaves and water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until beans are tender, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add next six ingredients. Stir in drained beans and remaining oil; toss to combine. Sprinkle with additional parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemon-Garlic Lima Beans
"There being only two of us, I didn't want to make the full recipe for six, so I used a package of frozen lima beans in place of the dried beans. and cut the remainder of the ingredients in half. Absolutely delicious. A nice change to an old favorite."
"Delicious dressing. I loved the lemon-herb combination."