Lemon-Garlic Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut an “X” in the core of each Brussels sprout. Place in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice; sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 91 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lemon-Garlic Brussels Sprouts
"These were very tasty and I will make them again. Since my sprouts were large, I cut them in half and then proceeded with the recipe. The next time I will add more pepper - just a personal preference."
"These tasted good but were crunchy. So I would cook a little longer."