Lemon Filbert Tea Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup ground toasted filberts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine butter, 1 cup flour and confectioners' sugar. Press in an 11x7-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients except additional confectioners' sugar. Pour over the crust; bake for 20 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 15 bars.
1 each: 173 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Filbert Tea Bars
"The lemon flavor really come through here. These bake up nicely with the toasted nuts."