Lemon Filbert Tea Bars
I grew up in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, and the Lord blessed this area with wild treats such as strawberries, blackberries, plums and filberts. Making these lemony bars is one of my favorite ways to enjoy filberts.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makesabout 15 bars
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup ground toasted filberts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine butter, 1 cup flour and confectioners' sugar. Press in an 11x7-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients except additional confectioners' sugar. Pour over the crust; bake for 20 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 173 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Filbert Tea Bars in Country June/July 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.