- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup ground toasted filberts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, 1 cup flour and confectioners' sugar. Press into the bottom of an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients except additional confectioners' sugar. Pour over the crust; bake for 20 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 15 bars.
Reviews forLemon Filbert Tea Bars
"The lemon flavor really come through here. These bake up nicely with the toasted nuts."