Lemon-Drop Dinner Rolls
My family loves these rolls with Christmas dinner. Their lemony flavor is a nice accompaniment to turkey and all the trimmings— or to my husband's favorite main course, beef roast. Using frozen bread dough helps save time during the holiday rush!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
Makes1 to 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white or sweet bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Divide dough into 12-18 pieces; shape into balls. In a small bowl, combine sugar, lemon zest and nutmeg. Dip tops of rolls into butter, then into sugar mixture. Place in greased muffin cups, sugar side up. Cut a 1/2-in.-deep cross on tops of rolls. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan; cool on wire racks.