Lemon-Curry Chicken Casserole
Asparagus and almonds add a flavorful twist to an ordinary chicken dish. I've made this countless times for company and am usually asked for the recipe.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cut asparagus, thawed and drained
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place asparagus in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 10-14 minutes or until juices run clear. Place over asparagus. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, ginger and pepper; spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 373 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Lemon-Curry Chicken Casserole in Country Chicken Cookbook
Jun 25, 2010
This was easy to make and we loved the flavors! (I used Cream of Chicken & Herbs condensed soup) I will definitely be making this recipe again!
Feb 19, 2010
when the whole family agrees that it tastes awesome, it's a keeper!