Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into buttermilk mixture until blended. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drop pie filling by teaspoonfuls over batter.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
1 piece: 295 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.