- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (dough will be crumbly). Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forLemon Crisp Cookies
"Very easy to make, but if I make again I will leave the rice crispies out or decrease the amount."
"Very yummy and so easy to make."
"I have made these cookies before & they are really delicious! They're definitely a keeper in my opinion!"
"I got this recipe years ago from a friend and loved it. I have also used this recipe with raspberry cake mix and that is delicious too."
"These were a hit! I added a lemon/powder sugar glaze and made them that much better!!"
"I think it would have been alot better without the rice crispy"
"I made these at the last minute to take to our church, and 4 of the ladies that work in the kitchen ran out and asked me to give them the recipe! So easy and the lemon is so refreshing!"
"Crispy on the outside and chewy inside. Very good, quick"