Although my husband has retired from farming, I haven't retired from the kitchen! I still enjoy cooking and preparing our children's old favorites as well as trying new recipes. The creamy texture and lemony flavor of this dessert give the taste buds a treat!
Recommended: 50 Swoon-Worthy Layered Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Combine butter and flour; pat into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. In a large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add half of the whipped topping, beating on low. Spread over crust. In another bowl, beat pudding mixes and milk for 2 minutes on low speed. Let set 10 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer; let set 10-15 minutes. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Top with pecans if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Cream Torte in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p88
Reviews forLemon Cream Torte
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2008
"I did add chopped pecans to the crust..."