Lemon Cream Cheese Spritz
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
MakesAbout 9 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat shortening and cream cheese until blended. Add sugar; beat until creamy. Beat in egg yolk, lemon extract and peel. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts2 cookies: 75 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 20, 2010
I had to add another oz. of cream cheese, as the dough was too thick and not smooth enough. Then it was fine, but there wasn't enough lemon flavor for me. I may or may not make this again. The baked cookie was a tad on the dry side for me as well. I might add more lemon flavoring next time if I make it again.
Dec 31, 2008
A friend made these for our office during Christmas; we couldn't stop eating them! Absolutely delicious!