- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped peeled jicama or tart apple
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended.
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add jicama, cucumber, cranberries, parsley and green onion to quinoa. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold. Gently stir in avocado before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLemon Cranberry Quinoa Salad
"I didn't have parsley but thought cilantro would go well with the ginger...and it did! Good recipe!"
"I am giving this a 5 star, because the family I served it to, really enjoyed it. I did not have avocado on hand. My taste buds were off due to a head cold-so I will make it again when my taste buds are working. I served it chilled, and it keeps 2-3 days nicely. It would be a good prepare ahead dish."
"I tried it with the suggestion of using Mango, Lime, Cilantro, quite good, hubby liked it, so I will be making again."