- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Add couscous and garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in broth, lemon peel, lemon juice and seasonings; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemon Couscous with Broccoli
"This dish was amazing! My son who is 12 hates broccoli. But I served this and he ate it all! This is a winner in my book. It's very flavorful."
"I have tried the boxed couscous and they are inedible. This recipe is simple, takes very little time, contains no additives or preservatives and is delicious!"
"I didn't think this recipe was worth the effort. There are boxed couscous with seasoning packets that you could squeeze lemon juice and add frozen broccoli to that taste way better and are much easier to put together"
"I make this frequently. It's easy and 'makes the broccoli go down' more easily for my kids."