- 4-1/2 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Place popcorn in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Keep warm in a 225° oven.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally until mixture reaches 290° on a candy thermometer (soft-crack stage). Remove from the heat; quickly stir in extract and baking soda. Pour over warm popcorn. Sprinkle with lemon peel; stir until well coated. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 quarts.
Reviews forLemon Cloud Popcorn
"While I wouldn't exactly call this a "quick" recipe, it is definitely worth the time. It's absolutely delicious. I made it for Christmas gifts for my neighbors and they asked for the recipe. I used three bags of microwave popcorn and it worked out well. Also, be sure you pour the syrup fast or it will harden up on you in the pan and you can't re-heat it."