Lemon Cloud Desserts
From Delray Beach, Florida, Barbara Robbins writes, “Family and friends love the bright colors and refreshing lemon-lime taste of this fruity no-bake treat.”
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups diet lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in soda and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Add whipped topping; beat on high speed for 4-5 minutes or until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Place 3/4 cup mixture in each of eight dessert dishes. Refrigerate until set. Just before serving, top with berries and kiwi.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 97 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Lemon Jello Trifle in Light & Tasty June/July 2007