VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in chocolate chips and lemon zest. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Brush tops with lemon juice; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Chip Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p18
Reviews forLemon Chip Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review