Lemon Chicken with Pasta
More Easy Main Dish Recipes »
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken in 4 teaspoons oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook onion in remaining oil over medium heat until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta; toss with lemon sauce. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 428 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 6, 2014
One of my favorites, simple flavors and the lemon is just right, not too overpowering. Definite comfort food.
Aug 7, 2013
This was so good but I made the following changes. I used crushed crackers for the breadcrumbs (I was out of them) and also added onion powder to the coating. I doubled the recipe and used the juice of one lemon and extra chicken broth to make up for the liquid. Next time I would zest the lemon as well. I also made broccoli and added it to the dish. Also, I would reduce the amount of flour a bit, had to add extra broth to get the desired consistency.
Apr 7, 2012
This is an excellent and quick dinner. I leave off the Parmesan - it doesn't need it.
Jun 1, 2011
This is a favorite of the whole family. I love that it is so easy, healthy and loved by my picky eaters.
Jun 30, 2010
This recipe was not a favorite of mine. The lemon flavor was way to over powering for me. I will not be making this again.
Sep 12, 2009
We love this easy main dish. It has a great lemon flavor to go with the chicken. MMMMMM!