Lemon Chicken with Oregano
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 chicken leg quarters (3-1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. Place chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the lemon juice, honey, oil, garlic and oregano; spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan juices.
Jan 22, 2014
This was very easy & very yummy! I was pleasantly surprised! I used chicken leg quarters and did not separate them. There is a hint of sweetness and a nice lemon flavor. Very juicy!
Jul 21, 2011
The chicken came out juicy enough but the flavor combination was very strange. I think it had to do with the oregano. Edible, but not very good.
Jan 22, 2011
I made a few modifications to this recipe before I made it the first time. I used basil (1 1/2 teaspoons) instead of oregano, and I made the recipe with 4 chicken thighs (nopt leg quarters). i browned the chicken in a skillet. After removing the chicken to a baking dish, I added the combined sauce ingredients to the hot skillet and let it reduce a bit and carmelize the honey somewhat. Then I baked the whole thing at 350 for 30 minutes. I served it with fresh cooked Farfelle in an olive oil, lemon and basil sauce. Very delicious!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.