Lemon Chicken Spread Recipe
In Marshall, Illinois, Violet Beard puts a fresh face on chicken salad by adding lemon peel, green olives and mushrooms. There's just the right amount to make two satisfying sandwiches.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sandwich rolls or croissants
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a blender or food processor, cover and process chicken until minced. Transfer to a bowl; add mushrooms, olives and parsley. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and peel, poultry seasoning and salt; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Spread about 1/2 cup on each roll; top with lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup: 597 calories, 36g fat (7g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1335mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Chicken Spread
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC