- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine soups and water; mix well. Heat through. Add the chicken if desired. Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Reviews forLemon Chicken Soup
"This soup is awesome! I add a cup of uncooked Minute Rice and use a can of cooked chicken as a quick and easy fix. My family loves this recipe! I have been making it for 15 years! This is my daughter's favorite soup! She is 26 and still requests it if she is feeling the least bit under the weather and it always perks her up! :-)"
"It was kind of bland I added chicken seasoning. I also added extra rice it really needed it. Every one in my family liked it after I fixed it up."
"Based on other comments, I only used one cup of water so that it was thicker. I added lemon juice until it was the flavor was good--about 1 1/2 tablespoons. I thought this soup was simple and delicious! I will definitely make again but might use chicken broth and cooked white rice instead of the condensed soup."
"Very good. I did not add so much water though."
"I don't understand what ckuncio was trying to communicate and not sure if the rating was appropriate for the recipe and even if it was made and tried. I made this today for the family. I thought it was a bit thin so I added another half a can of cream of chicken and put in 3 tablespoons of lemon juice instead of the 1-2. The family loved it!"
"i add a little lime to our soup"