Dijon mustard, rosemary and lemon juice season chicken breasts wonderfully in this fuss-free recipe. For an elegant and impressive finish, sprinkle on some toasted almonds and fresh parsley. —Kathy Evans, Lacey, Washington
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup broth, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, butter and rosemary; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken with rice and sauce. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chicken Breasts in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p54
Reviews forLemon Chicken Breasts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review