Lemon Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup broth, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, butter and rosemary; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken with rice and sauce. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 23, 2013
Very tasty and easy recipe. My whole family loved it. Even the picky 7 gear old. We will be making this again.
Aug 3, 2011
Quick and easy.
Jul 13, 2011
A bit too much lemon, perhaps 1/8 a cup. Good meal!!