- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute chicken, onion and carrot until chicken is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt until smooth. Gradually add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in peas; return to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemon Chicken and Rice
"We love this recipe! This is my go-to dish to make when I take a meal to new moms. I do add more lemon juice and garlic and I warn recipients not to feel guilty if they need to add salt. I like it with minute rice but have also successfully made it with rice from the rice cooker (which I dump in while it still has a little water left). We made it for someone with a dairy allergy and just used olive oil instead of butter."
"This was just OK. I liked it the most out of the family. Most said it was too lemony. Family says not a keeper."
"Surprisingly good. I halved the recipe because I only had 1/2 pound of chicken. The only change I made other than the proportions of the ingredients was to add extra lemon and some dill to give it more taste because some of the reviews said that it was bland or that they couldn't taste the lemon. It was very tasty with just those 2 changes."
"This recipe was easy and tasted good. It was a little less flavorful than I might like so I shook a little parmesan cheese on top. Hubby and I both enjoyed this dish and I will make it again. I also added a 3 T of lemon juice instead of 2, to give it a little more lemon flavor."
"I thought this recipe turned out very good - I don't keep instant rice on hand, so I just made rice and mixed it in at the end. easy and economical and tasted good."
"I like chicken and I like rice. I like everything in this recipe but, I thought this was sort of bland. I didn't taste any lemon. It's not that I disliked it but, I wouldn't make this again."
"I used instant brown rice. This was kind of bland. Not alot of flavor. The only flavor you did taste was the lemon juice."
"easy and very good!"