- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion, carrot and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and meat juices run clear, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and broth; stir in lemon juice, zest, salt and rice. Add to skillet Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add broccoli and parsley. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemon Chicken
"This sounded so good, but it really needs some work. It is just not too flavorful. I doubled the lemon juice and zest, added more garlic, salt and pepper and still sort of bland. I added mushrooms which were good. My 6 year old liked it, but it definitely needs more seasoning."
"Would it be alright to freeze this dish? Am having surgery this week, so I want to be sure to have meals made ahead for my husband, so all he's gotta do is heat in microwave.Thank you for your reply."