- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the lemon juice, butter, cornmeal, flour and salt.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemon Chess Pie
"My first Taste of Home failure. Is it because I live at 8,000 ft? Baked for more than 90 mins and it still isn't set in the middle. (Oven temp. is fine). Had to cover with a loose sheet of foil after 40 mins as it was getting so dark and of course it stuck to the gooey top. It may be edible by family, so not a complete waste, but I will need to bake something else for tomorrow night's company."
"hannah this a wonderful recipe,it brings back memories of my grandma C's lemon chess pie...We miss her so much,please send more..."
"I'm so glad a lot of you like my recipe. :) It's been in my family a long, long time and it sure to be a hit no matter where or when you serve it :)"
"This pie was wonderful! It was full of flavor and not too sweet. I will make it again."
"Love chess pie!! mmm"
"I would make this recipe again. But being from Texas it was not what I expected. I didn't like the texture all that much."