Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 2/3 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 20 wafers)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the wafer crumbs, almonds and sugar. Add butter; cover and process until blended. Press on the bottom and 1-1/2-in up the sides of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes, until crust is set and just starting to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream, lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Add eggs; beat just until blended. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. (Cheesecake may dip in center.) Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- 4. For sauce, in a bowl, combine strawberries and sugar. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Serve over cheesecake. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 442 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Cheesecake
"Don't make the mistake I did, and overlook the pan size. This is a small cheesecake, made in a 6" pan. I made it in a larger pan and ended up with a Cheesecake-tart thickness -- still okay with the berries on top.The berries are needed, and need to be sweet! This would be my one warning about the recipe: This is a tart, very lemony cheesecake."
"I think a graham crust would improve the taste and use lemon extract instead of vanilla. Double the recipe for a 9" pan"