Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 20 wafers)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a blender or food processor, combine the wafer crumbs, almonds and sugar. Add butter; cover and process until blended. Press on the bottom and 1-1/2-in up the sides of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes, until crust is set and just starting to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream, lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Add eggs; beat just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. (Cheesecake may dip in center.) Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- For sauce, in a bowl, combine strawberries and sugar. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Serve over cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 442 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 20, 2017
Don't make the mistake I did, and overlook the pan size. This is a small cheesecake, made in a 6" pan. I made it in a larger pan and ended up with a Cheesecake-tart thickness -- still okay with the berries on top.The berries are needed, and need to be sweet! This would be my one warning about the recipe: This is a tart, very lemony cheesecake.
Jul 7, 2013
I think a graham crust would improve the taste and use lemon extract instead of vanilla. Double the recipe for a 9" pan