Lemon Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Combine the flour, oats and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Press dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam.
- 2. For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until fluffy. Add the eggs, lemon juice and peel just until blended. Carefully spoon over jam. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.
1 each: 262 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Cheesecake Squares
"Apparently I made this some time ago from the magazine and wrote down 'Very Good'! I honestly do not remember them... anxious to try again."
"I fixed this for Sunday dinner and it was a hit. We all liked it!!!"
"I made this for a baby shower and everyone loved it. The oatmeal crust tasted kind of plain while making it so I added a 1/4 tsp. of vanilla to the mix & that help add a bit more flavor. I also am a huge lemon lover so I too added a little extra lemon juice as well as an additional 1/2 tsp. of lemon extract. I used strawberry jam since my friend is not a big fan of raspberry. This turned out very well all the way thru thick and creamy. As a garnish I used fresh sliced strawberries & mint leaves. It looked as good as it tasted. Thank you for this great recipe."
"Was very easy to make. I really like the flavor of lemon, so I added about another 1/8 of a cup of lemon juice. Plus 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract."
"Delicious! A great crust, and nice lemon flavor. The jam is perfect in these squares and I wouldn't hesitate to increase the amount of it a little."
"It was easy to make and very flavorful."
"Oatmeal crust a nice change of pace too."
"Added a thicker layer of jam; turned out wonderfully. Great with blueberry preserves as well. Delicious!"
"Delicious!!! Will definitely be making these again! Agree with the other reviewer about using 2/3 cup raspberry jam, it turned out great!"