Lemon Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, oats and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Carefully spoon over jam.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.
1 each: 262 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Cheesecake Squares
"I fixed this for Sunday dinner and it was a hit. We all liked it!!!"
"I made this for a baby shower and everyone loved it. The oatmeal crust tasted kind of plain while making it so I added a 1/4 tsp. of vanilla to the mix & that help add a bit more flavor. I also am a huge lemon lover so I too added a little extra lemon juice as well as an additional 1/2 tsp. of lemon extract. I used strawberry jam since my friend is not a big fan of raspberry. This turned out very well all the way thru thick and creamy. As a garnish I used fresh sliced strawberries & mint leaves. It looked as good as it tasted. Thank you for this great recipe."
"Was very easy to make. I really like the flavor of lemon, so I added about another 1/8 of a cup of lemon juice. Plus 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract."
"Delicious! A great crust, and nice lemon flavor. The jam is perfect in these squares and I wouldn't hesitate to increase the amount of it a little."
"It was easy to make and very flavorful."
"Oatmeal crust a nice change of pace too."
"Added a thicker layer of jam; turned out wonderfully. Great with blueberry preserves as well. Delicious!"
"Delicious!!! Will definitely be making these again! Agree with the other reviewer about using 2/3 cup raspberry jam, it turned out great!"
"Delicious!!! Will definitely be making these again!"
"I was thrilled the first time I made these bars when my husband said that they were pretty good! I love lemon flavor, but he usually doesn't care for it. These bars are the exception. Besides the wonderful not-too-strong lemon flavor, these also have a wonderful creamy consistency. The layer of jam is a nice touch, which you can increase to 2/3 cup if desired."
"Even better with a layer of the jam on top of the cheesecake as well."
"Yum, I love Cheesecake and Lemon!Brenda"