Lemon Cheesecake Bars
For a very special garnish, top cheesecake with Berry Topping.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 eggs
- In a bowl, combine graham crackers and ginger; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add milk, flour and extracts; mix well. Add eggs; beating on low just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Lift cheesecake out of pan using foil. Cut into bars. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Berry Topping: Garnish top of cheesecake with 4 cups assorted berries, such as blackberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries and raspberries. Brush with 3 tablespoons currant or apple jelly, melted and cooled slightly.