Lemon Cheesecake Bars
For a very special garnish, top cheesecake with Berry Topping.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 eggs
- In a bowl, combine graham crackers and ginger; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add milk, flour and extracts; mix well. Add eggs; beating on low just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Lift cheesecake out of pan using foil. Cut into bars. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Berry Topping: Garnish top of cheesecake with 4 cups assorted berries, such as blackberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries and raspberries. Brush with 3 tablespoons currant or apple jelly, melted and cooled slightly.
Originally published as Lemon Cheesecake Bars in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.