Lemon Butter Spritz Recipe
Field editor Iola Egle of Bella Vista, Arkansas is a veteran baker who counts this lemony spritz variation among her best-loved recipes. Her cookies are dressed up for the holidays with a pretty drizzle of chocolate.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in the egg, lemon juice and peel. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a bar disk, form dough into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into 2-1/4-in. pieces (do not separate pieces). Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until set (do not brown). Cut into pieces again if necessary. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 73 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Butter Spritz
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC