Lemon Butter Spritz
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, lemon juice and zest. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a bar disk, form dough into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into 2-1/4-in. pieces (do not separate pieces).
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until set (do not brown). Cut into pieces again if necessary. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 73 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 17, 2018
I made these for a ladies church function. The only thing I did different was to make a raspberry glaze instead of the chocolate. Delicious and not one crumb was left on my cookie tray. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Dec 19, 2011
One of the most popular cookies on my Christmas trays!