Lemon Burst Tartlets Recipe
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 to 6 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 2/3 cup raspberry cake and pastry filling
- 30 fresh raspberries
- 1. Bake shells according to package directions; cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the lemon curd, whipped topping and food coloring if desired until smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon raspberry filling into each tart shell. Pipe or spoon lemon mixture over filling. Garnish each with a raspberry. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 30 servings.
1 each: 89 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Lemon Burst Tartlets
"So easy and delicious! People at our gathering gobbled them up."
"I've made these Lemon Burst Tartlets several times, it is so easy and everyone enjoys them. You can substitute different filling, I like the lemon curd best. I make my own lemon curd, much cheaper and have leftover to store and make other desserts. Watch YouTube for how to."
"This recipe is so good....I made a lemon coconut cake about a month ago that called for home made lemon curd in the recipe . I made it and used it in this recipe also. It was fabulous!! I'll never buy store bought lemon curd again. My grandkids loved these tartlets!!"
"What a simple and delicious recipe. My 9 year old daughter and I prepared these tasty bites for Easter this year, and they were a huge hit. I couldn't find the pre-baked pastry cups, so had to bake them first, which is why I gave this recipe only 4 stars (I had never worked with puff pastry before and it was time consuming). We found the raspberry filling easily (Duncan Hines makes it in our area - Nebraska), but had a hard time finding the lemon curd, so used canned lemon pudding which was thick...would definitely recommend the lemon curd. The raspberry and lemon flavor are so complementary and pretty too."
"If you can't find the Lemon Curd in the Jelly section of your store look for it in the baking isle. There are also some great creme curds out there now: banana, coconut and vanilla. They are great in place of the lemon curd in this recipe too"
"The Phyllo tarts come already baked."
"Delicious and simple!"
"This recipe is incredible. I made this for a work party and everyone loved it!!!! Will definitely make this again and is already one of my favorite recipes from this site. This was SUPER easy to make as well."
"Do you cook the phyllo tart shells prior to filling?"