Add a hint of citrus to your vegetables with an attractive side dish. Ideal with most any entree, this time-saving specialty dresses up broccoli, pimientos and onions with a dash of lemon. —Tonya Farmer, Iowa City, Iowa
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients. Drain broccoli; add butter mixture and toss to coat.
Nov 20, 2017
Great flavor and easy to make.
Jun 9, 2012
This was really good! I've also added cauliflower with the broccoli with excellent results.
May 14, 2010
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC