Lemon Breakfast Parfaits
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Chopped crystallized ginger and minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, bring milk and salt to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until milk is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, honey and lemon zest. Stir in couscous.
- Combine the kiwi, blueberries and raspberries; spoon 1/4 cup into each of six parfait glasses. Layer with couscous mixture and remaining fruit. Garnish with ginger and mint.
Nutrition Facts1 parfait: 146 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Jan 16, 2015
Very simple, hardest part is finding the couscous in the grocery store, it's with the rice at Dillons, but keep your eyes peeled, it's easy to miss because there's such a little section of specially grains at the end of all the different rices.
Aug 9, 2011
It was excellent!
May 30, 2011
It was great except I didn't use the couscous and it tasted great. I will defiately make it a again!!!
May 28, 2011
It was great, but I left out the couscous and if was delicious! I will make this again.