Lemon Blueberry Tea Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-2/3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine remaining flour with baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Fold in lemon zest and berries.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack. Brush glaze on top and sides of cake. Cool. To serve, cut into 1/2-in. slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 192 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2014
The lemon topping was not so great. Coconut on top is good.
Jun 14, 2010
This is a wonderful recipe! I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9x13 pyrex dish. After the cake was done, I took a chopstick, poked holes in the cake and poured the glaze over top of the cake. Excellent!