VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-2/3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine remaining flour with baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Fold in lemon peel and berries.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack. Brush glaze on top and sides of cake. Cool. To serve, cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Blueberry Tea Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p21
Reviews forLemon Blueberry Tea Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2014
"The lemon topping was not so great. Coconut on top is good."