Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 pancakes,4 servings, 2 per serving
- 1 egg
- 1 cup lemon yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups blueberries, divided
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, 1/2 cup yogurt, milk, oil and lemon juice until blended. Combine the flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center. Pour yogurt mixture into the well; stir just until moistened. Gently fold in 1 cup blueberries.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with remaining yogurt and blueberries.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 283 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 809mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Sep 19, 2017
Finally! A pancake that has wonderful flavor! The lemon is very complementary to the blueberries. Very delicious!
May 2, 2016
My son LOVES these pancakes! I make them for breakfast and sometimes for dinner!
Jul 12, 2014
These pancakes are terrific. I used plain non-fat Greek yogurt & added a 1/4 tsp. of lemon extract. Also added more berries than called for in the recipe.
Mar 2, 2014
The lemon yogurt on top was a yummy topping.
Apr 6, 2012
Love these pancakes--my favorite! Really like putting the extra lemon yogurt on top instead of syrup.
Feb 14, 2010
The pancakes were delicious and easy to make!
Jul 24, 2008
I also prepared these using peach yogurt and peach juice. Yum!