- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg white, milk, butter, lemon peel and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in berries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forLemon-Blueberry Oat Muffins
"I have made it a few times-excellent!"
"Made a half batch of these for the first time this week from the Comfort Food Diet Cookbook. Moist and tasty and the streusel topping really dresses them up. Each muffin has 4 WW PointsPlus"
"These are really yummy! I used home grown blueberries! Will try whole wheat pastry flour next time."
"These are tasty! Instead of the egg white I added 2T unsweetened applesauce."
"We LOVE these muffins! They are so moist and have a great flavor. They are quickly becoming a staple in our house.I like to use whole-wheat flour instead and use 1/4 tsp of lemon juice in place of the lemon peel."
"I would definately make again. Very moist, great for kids lunches. If you are on WW they count as 4pts"