- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, softened
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg white, milk, butter, lemon peel and vanilla; mix well. Add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in berries. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until top is lightly browned and springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forLemon-Blueberry Oat Muffins
"I have made it a few times-excellent!"
"Made a half batch of these for the first time this week from the Comfort Food Diet Cookbook. Moist and tasty and the streusel topping really dresses them up. Each muffin has 4 WW PointsPlus"
"These are really yummy! I used home grown blueberries! Will try whole wheat pastry flour next time."
"These are tasty! Instead of the egg white I added 2T unsweetened applesauce."
"We LOVE these muffins! They are so moist and have a great flavor. They are quickly becoming a staple in our house.I like to use whole-wheat flour instead and use 1/4 tsp of lemon juice in place of the lemon peel."
"I would definately make again. Very moist, great for kids lunches. If you are on WW they count as 4pts"