Lemon Blueberry Crunch Cake
Lemon and blueberry are one of my favorite flavor combos. They really pop in this yummy sweet-tart cake. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup grated lemon peel
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 crushed Girl Scout Lemonades™ cookies
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Additional crushed Girl Scout Lemonades™ cookies, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Let eggs and buttermilk stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon peel. In another bowl, sift together 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, combine 3/4 cup lemon juice, buttermilk and vanilla. Add flour and buttermilk mixture to batter alternately, beating well after each addition, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in crushed cookies.
- Toss blueberries and remaining flour; fold into batter, taking care not to crush berries. Pour into two greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans lined with parchment paper. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- Stir glaze ingredients together. Remove cakes from pans and place on wire racks. Drizzle glaze over cakes, allowing some to run down sides. Sprinkle with lemon peel and, if desired, additional crushed cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 450 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Blueberry Crunch Cake in Girl Scouts of the USA - 2016 Contest