Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Baking mix eases preparation of this quick coffee cake from Nancy Brown of Dahinda, Illinois. Fresh blueberries, lemon peel and a quick glaze really perk up the flavor. "It's among the quick treats I make for guests and family," Nancy notes.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg, sugar, lemon peel and milk; mix well. Stir in the biscuit mix just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. Combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6-9 servings.
1 piece: 219 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2012
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC