Baking mix eases preparation of this quick coffee cake from Nancy Brown of Dahinda, Illinois. Fresh blueberries, lemon peel and a quick glaze really perk up the flavor. "It's among the quick treats I make for guests and family," Nancy notes.
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the egg, sugar, lemon peel and milk; mix well. Stir in the biscuit mix just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6-9 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p16
Reviews forLemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2012