Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups (24 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, butter and oil. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill.
- In a blender, cover and process cottage cheese and sugar until smooth. While processing, slowly add cooled gelatin. Pour into crust; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water until smooth. Add 1 cup blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice; cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake; remove sides of pan. Spread the blueberry mixture over the top. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 171 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Jun 28, 2014
This is a refreshing dessert and a good way for cheesecake lovers to go a little lighter. I used low-fat cottage cheese as opposed to non-fat. Add a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!
Sep 4, 2013
This is a good recipe that I will definitely make again. I didn't give it all five stars because I think it's iffy calling it a cheesecake. It's more of gelatin pie in consistency. I was surprised at the reviewer who said it was grainy--perhaps that reviewer didn't process the cottage cheese enough? I found it to be very smooth and silky. The lemon flavor is a little light for my taste, so next time I will take the other reviewer's hint to add lemon zest to kick the flavor up a notch. On the whole, a good and very simple dessert that the household enjoyed but commented that I should work with the recipe a little. I'll definitely do that. It's a keeper.
Jul 30, 2013
Made this recently after spying it in the comfort food diet cookbook. Both my husband and I loved it. It turned out light and silky. A refreshing summer dessert that's not as heavy and cloying as regular cheesecake can be. Love that it's an easy no bake recipe too! I used low fat cottage cheese instead of nonfat. Each slice has just 5 WW PointsPlus which is nice.
Mar 23, 2013
Made this cheesecake for Christmas was GOOD
Mar 15, 2011
Family loved it! There were no left overs after it was brought out. It had a great flavor, and if made properly is a wonderful, easy dessert.
May 7, 2010
The first time I did this I followed the recipe as is. Turned out really really good and everyone loved it. The second time I made it I substituted strawberries for the blueberries for the topping sauce and the decoration. It turned out so good too and the sauce has a delicate pink colour which looked really great with the sliced strawberries on top. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will certainly do it over and over again during the summer especially.
Apr 13, 2010
Delicious! Easy to make. Hit with my friends!
Apr 12, 2010
Gritty consistency, no good flavor - will not make again or recommend :(
Apr 11, 2010
This was so refreshing. Perfect after a heavy meal. I used diet lemon Jello to make it more calorie friendly. The light lemon taste is just right and you do not taste the fact that there is cottage cheese in the recipie.I covered the top with Cool Whip around the edges and filled in the middle with fresh blackberries. I imagine you could use any fresh fruit. A low calorie WINNER !!
Apr 10, 2010
I made this cheesecake for Easter and it was okay but not great. I didn't like the consistency of it. I have made no bake cheesecakes before and don't mind them. This was a little disappointing. There was no "wow" factor to it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.