- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forLemon Blueberry Bread
"I have made this bread a few times and it is a definite favorite! I even like to sprinkle some coarse sugar on top of the glaze for a little crunch. Has anyone tried to freeze the loaf and can tell me if it keeps? I freeze pumpkin and other breads all the time, but I was wondering how this one would hold up."
"I just made this today exactly as directed. It turned out perfect and is absolutely delicious. It really filled that 8x4 pan and I was worried it would spill over but it didn't. I set the timer for 50 minutes and it wasn't quite done so I left it in for close to 10 minutes longer. This is a keeper. I read after it was in the oven about coating the blueberries with flour but luckily didn't have problems with then sinking to the bottom."
"I make this during summer blueberry season, with fresh berries and fresh lemon juice. It's a huge hit everywhere, and lots of people have asked for the recipe. The glaze makes it really awesome. Hint - gently shake blueberries with 1 T. of flour from the recipe, to keep them from sinking. I use a slightly larger loaf pan than what is called for. Definitely a keeper!"
"I am making this for the second time today. It is very flavorful and moist. I am going to try a powdered sugar and lemon glaze this time on a cooled loaf just to experiment."
"This is easy and tastes soooooooooooo delicious! I will file this under " Best ""
"Great recipe! Everyone who i make this for loves it. I used the throwaway aluminum container and it worked perfectly fine. i found it needed to cook a bit longer (but my oven is a bit off). Couple of tips- when the top was getting a bit brown, i put a piece of aluminum foil on top, and it ruined the beautiful top when i took it off, so i decided to just lower the temp a bit and it seemed to do the trick. next time i wont put any foil on top. also flour the blueberries before mixing in so they dont fall to the bottom :)"