Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, juice and eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk. Fold in peel, nuts and blueberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients. Remove bread from pan and drizzle with glaze. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 181 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Bread
"The best! Now one of my go-to recipes."
"I am not a baker - this was wonderfully easy. So delicious. Keep these kind coming."
"Perfectly delicious! My family loves it. It is pretty, as well as tasty. I am making it again (third time this season) but leaving out the nuts, as I am making a different kind of bread that really needs nuts and I want people to have a nut-free option."
"This totally fell apart when I tried to take it out of the pan after 15 min. of cooling. I had greased the pan, and it did come out, but it came out a total mess. I followed the directions to the letter."
"I have made this bread a few times and it is a definite favorite! I even like to sprinkle some coarse sugar on top of the glaze for a little crunch. Has anyone tried to freeze the loaf and can tell me if it keeps? I freeze pumpkin and other breads all the time, but I was wondering how this one would hold up."
"I just made this today exactly as directed. It turned out perfect and is absolutely delicious. It really filled that 8x4 pan and I was worried it would spill over but it didn't. I set the timer for 50 minutes and it wasn't quite done so I left it in for close to 10 minutes longer. This is a keeper. I read after it was in the oven about coating the blueberries with flour but luckily didn't have problems with then sinking to the bottom."
"I make this during summer blueberry season, with fresh berries and fresh lemon juice. It's a huge hit everywhere, and lots of people have asked for the recipe. The glaze makes it really awesome. Hint - gently shake blueberries with 1 T. of flour from the recipe, to keep them from sinking. I use a slightly larger loaf pan than what is called for. Definitely a keeper!"
"I am making this for the second time today. It is very flavorful and moist. I am going to try a powdered sugar and lemon glaze this time on a cooled loaf just to experiment."