Lemon Blackberry Parfaits
I love the freshness of lemon, and with added seasonal blackberries, this rich, creamy dessert is so wonderful! Serve immediately if you like crisp graham crackers, or within 4 hours for a moister crumb. —Amber Needham, Bellbrook, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 whole graham crackers, crushed
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice and zest until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in lemon mixture and 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture into six parfait glasses. Top with half of the berries and half of the cracker crumbs. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped topping. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 parfait: 292 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Lemon-Blackberry Parfait in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011
Mar 26, 2015
Used gluten free graham crackers and it was delicious! Have made this many times since.
Jun 3, 2011
Yum! i rated it a four star because I felt the lemon flavor was just a little too strong. I used strawberries instead of blackberries.