Lemon Berry Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- Confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream or topping, optional
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in lemon zest. Pour into a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries. In a small bowl, whisk gelatin and water until gelatin is dissolved. Slowly pour over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake layer comes out with moist crumbs (cake will set upon cooling). Cool slightly on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Jul 8, 2010
This light easily assembled cake has become a staple in my kitchen. I try to keep the ingredients on hand for emergencies. Most people think it takes way more effort than it does.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.