- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- Confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream or topping, optional
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in lemon peel. Pour into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries. In a bowl, whisk together gelatin and water until gelatin is dissolved. Slowly pour over batter. Bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake layer comes out with moist crumbs (cake will set upon cooling). Cool slightly on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forLemon Berry Cake
"This light easily assembled cake has become a staple in my kitchen. I try to keep the ingredients on hand for emergencies. Most people think it takes way more effort than it does."