Lemon Beef Kabobs
These kabobs from Jane Turner of Canton, Ohio bring the bright flavor of lemon to the table without having to heat up the kitchen. You’ll love the mix of tender meat and mushrooms with vibrant green pepper.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pearl onions
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add beef and mushrooms. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 463 calories, 29g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Lemon-Cue Beef Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.