There’s nothing ordinary about these green beans. Prosciutto and white wine make them decadent and special. —Lori Wiese, Humboldt, Minnesota
Recommended: 70 Summer Recipes to Pack in Your Picnic Basket
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, julienned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook prosciutto in oil over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In the same skillet, combine the wine, lemon juice and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add beans to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with prosciutto just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Beans with Prosciutto in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p47
Reviews forLemon Beans with Prosciutto
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 2, 2012
"I loved this! Would pair well with a variety of dishes and is perfect for company. Great recipe!"